Friday, April 25, 2008

Family Album Debut

I'm excited to show you my new family albums!

One of the things I love most about my job is designing albums. I love taking the images I created, my vision, and translating it into something that tells a story, something that compiles many images to reflect the true nature of personalities and relationships. I enjoy making art out of my photographs. Up until now my album design has been limited to weddings, but I've branched out to make these available to my family clients.

Part of making the album meaningful is to include personalized text. For this album, the mom provided me with a list of favorite things and personality traits for each of her children as well as a short letter to and from her husband. I also incorporated some quotes that complimented the images. My favorite online source for quotes is The Quote Garden.

A special thanks goes to Carolyn, who is a fellow photographer in the Denver area, for giving me the opportunity to launch my family albums! You can see her website here.

Click each layout to view larger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them, you are my hero...

Becky in Wyo said...

I wonder what magic you could work on our family. It'd be a stretch to make us look good... but your skills are probably up to it.

The Nelson Family said...

This book turned out so darling! Nice work. I love how the text flows.