Friday, November 9, 2007

This is the warm-up guys!

I'm so excited because I get to shoot another wedding in California! This bride is neighbors with Michelle (see post below) and her mom met me at Michelle & Scott's wedding. I took Ashley & Brad's engagement photos last week at the Riverwoods in Provo. There was still plenty of fall color to work with so it was lots of fun!

I laughed with Ashley when I first got there because she was a little peeved at her fiance. He was late getting there from an evening class at BYU and the light was starting to wane. She said to me, "I'm really going to have to try hard to look lovey-dovey." I don't know, I think she likes him...


I love this one of Ashley in the blue sweater and Brad in complementary yellow. It's a great color combination and Ashley's sweater really brings out her blue eyes.

I was seriously challenged at this shoot because I kept calling Brad "John". I think I did it three or four times. When we were filling out the wedding contract after their shoot and I got to the "groom's name" part, he said, "Yes, John C...." I think he took it all in jest. I don't know what my problem was, I think it was just that I know two other Brads and they look totally different.

Definitely lookin' like they like each other!

It was well after dusk at the end of our shoot and I nearly called it quits, but then I noticed this great path running through the fall leaves. Brad was driving a scooter and so I had him and Ashley go for a little ride. It was one of those times when I was so, so glad I have a 50mm 1.8 lens that lets in tons of light.

When we were done and filling in the details on the contract, Brad ran to get dinner reservations. After he pulled away, Ashley confided that Brad was so glad I took some scooter shots. She said, "He loves that thing! That shot will probably be the one he wants to blow up huge and hang in our living room!"

2 comments:

Becky in Wyo said...

What an adorable couple! But again, I must say, your winsome personality saves a photo shoot! I just know you were telling non-etiquette-book-approved jokes to lighten the mood. Love, sister Becky (yes, I'm very biased, but it's still true!)

Sue said...

Nothing like a little irreverent humor to lighten the mood!