Saturday, November 3, 2007

Wedding in Paradise

I've finally finished editing the long, long awaited proofs from a wedding I did in September in California. Scott & Michelle were married in the Oakland Temple and had their reception in Merced. This is one of my all-time favorite weddings, both in the quality of the images and in how much I enjoyed myself. Scott and Michelle were both so fun and genuine and their families were so kind and complimentary.

I had the privilege of shooting with David of David Perry Films. He was really energetic and had some great ideas for different shots. You can view his temple video on his blog here. He often posts videos on his blog so that family members, often missionaries who couldn't attend, can see the wedding day.


I'm always thrilled when I get a couple who is not only affectionate, but also laid back and up for anything. One of the things I try to do as a photographer is just have fun. Scott and Michelle definitely did that!

Much to the dismay of the men in the family (especially Michelle's brothers) the wedding was on the same day as the BYU-UCLA football game. While everyone was getting ready for the reception at Michelle's parents' house, the guys were watching the game. Here's one of Michelle's brothers right when BYU had a touchdown.

I finally had to drag them all away for group photos, but as soon as we were done, they were right back in front of the TV. Poor Scott had other obligations and couldn't join them! Michelle's parents did a fantastic job with the reception. Check out how gorgeous their yard was at night:

I love it when there is dancing at a reception. It makes for some great photos. Often, the groom isn't nearly as enthusiastic about dancing as the bride is, but Scott was totally into it.
One of my favorite moments of the entire day was when Michelle and her Dad were playing the air guitar to "Life in the Fast Lane."

Sparker send-offs are the best!
Thanks so much, Michelle & Scott, for letting me document your amazing day. I feel a sample album in my future!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Those pictures are beautiful. They make me want to redo my wedding, and I really like her dress.

Kris said...

Great photos! I love the variety and the candid shots. They all look wonderful!

Becky in Wyo said...

Nice job on the wedding photos! Not that I'm trying to insult your photography skills, which are wonderful, but in my opinion, your ace-in-the-hole skill is your way with people. You make the experience great for everyone! This is really far down the road, but I think I know who to hire for Dani's wedding, and it won't be in an effort to be cheap and get the "family" discount, either. Oh my gosh, it just occurred to me, that could only be eight or nine years away! Eeeeek!
Love, your sis