Thursday, October 18, 2007

Faaaa-bulous!

I just got my new gallery wrapped canvas sample print in and it is so freakin' awesome! The image was taken by my dear friend and fellow photographer Cami Nelson of Camilynne Photography. She and I have worked together for almost 7 years and we always take each other's family photos. I loved the pictures she did for us this year and when I saw this one of my two daughters, I knew this was the image I had been waiting for to do my gallery wrapped canvas sample.


Gallery wrapped canvas portraits are printed on fine art giclee canvas then they are stretched onto a wooden frame just like an artist's canvas. There's no need for a frame because your gallery wrapped portrait stands alone as a unique piece of art.

I love the texture of the print.

I love how the image wraps around the outside edge and gives it dimension.

The quality and craftsmanship of the wrap is fantastic.

Here's my cutie Amelia checking herself and "Biggie" out as I was preparing to replace the family portrait on my Mom's wall from three years ago.

I still need to raise the portrait up, but I wanted to give you an idea of scale.

Clients often misjudge how big to get a print to fill the space on their wall. This is a 24x30 gallery wrap and sitting above our couch it's a nice size, but could go even bigger if it were a photo of a large group. My Mom and I have been talking about getting a large gallery wrap of our family reunion photo from this summer to hang in this spot.

Oh, the possibilities!

No comments: