Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Get started, already!!!

I have been intending to start a blog for my photography business for several months now, but got side-tracked by my personal blog for a few months. Blogging is an addiction, and so much fun! I want to have a place where I can display my latest work, get feedback on custom projects, and tell you about new products or other news for the business.

My banner girls are the beautiful granddaughters of Kathleen & Jeff. I had lots of fun with them on their shoot in September. Kathleen, I don't think I told you but when I was first editing your pictures, my daughter Lily looked at the family and started pointing out people asking, "is this the mom of this girl?" etc. and when she got to you, she asked if you were one of the sisters. Oh, you gotta love that! There were several fun photos with the girls so I designed a panoramic board for Kathleen. I'm still waiting to hear which one she likes best, but here are a couple of my favorites (click to view larger.)


Also from this shoot is a great example of how your finished portrait is improved upon from the original proof. Here is the original of their family picture:


With a little Photoshop magic, I increased the color saturation and brought out the mountains more. Notice the youngest girl on the left is doing something funny with her hands. I swapped those out from another photo, as well as 3 other headswaps. Since I know my family will be reading this and they love playing "Where's Waldo", see if you can tell me the 3 heads that are swapped.

It's not like the old days where you had to settle for a picture with a few goofy faces. Now you can get the perfect portrait! And when you buy a gallery wrapped canvas print, you can headswap as many people as you want with no extra charge.

1 comment:

Becky in Wyo said...

These are gorgeous! Maybe I can talk Zen into dropping some serious dough on family portraits. We haven't had one in years!!! I could even throw in some extra cash to bring you to Rock Springs. And you know you have to bring the girls!!! Dani would be in heaven.